The course is aimed at developers' who have experience of developing applications using CA-TELON. This course covers many features and facilities of Programming with CA-TELON not taught during the basic course. The course will be tailored to the clients' installation and project requirements.
The exact content of the course will be agreed with the client in advance.
This course is suitable for analysts and programmers with knowledge and experience of applications development using CA-TELON.
Whilst covering advanced topics of CA-TELON programming, this course also aims to give an insight into complex seglooping, complex reporting, data access customisation, data administration, PGMCUST and SECTION
On completion of this course, depending on the topics selected, the student will be able to:
- Understand and develop complex SEGLOOP programs
- Understand and develop complex reporting programs
- Understand and use data access customisation
- Understand and use CA-TELON data administration
- Understand and write User Field Edits
- Understand and use Help and Hold functions
- Understand and write CICS Non-Terminal Transactions
- Understand and use CICS TS queues
- Understand advanced CA-TELON Test Facility functions
- Understand IMS cutover
- Understand and manipulate TLNIIS
- Understand customising CA-TELON macros
- Understand naming conventions
- Understand and use PGMCUST and SECTION
- Understand and use CA-TELON automated documentation
Development will be performed using:
- IBM Mainframe
- COBOL or PL/1
- CICS or IMS
- DB2, DL/1 or VSAM
For on-site courses (i.e. at your premises), we are more than happy to tailor the course agenda to suit your exact requirements. In many cases, we are able to build your in-house standards and naming conventions into the delivered course.On-site course enquiry (from £165 pp per day)
Course DetailsView Dates and Locations
- Course Details can be selected from:
- Complex Seglooping
- Complex Reporting
- Data Access Customisation
- Data Administration
- User written Field Edit Routines
- Help and Hold Processing
- Cics Non-Terminal Transactions
- Accessing TS Queues
- Advanced Test Facility Functions
- IMS Cutover
- Understanding TLNIIS
- Customising CA-TELON Macros
- Naming Conventions
- Pgmcust and Section
- Automated Documentation
Practical sessions make up a large part of the course, allowing delegates to demonstrate and reinforce the lectures given. During these sessions the delegate will gain experience of writing and testing different types of advanced CA-TELON programs using the various program structures available.
Examples are used extensively, ranging from simple code snippets to full applications with complete 'real world' functionality. These are supplied at the start of the course and it is encouraged that the delegates execute and 'experiment' with these under the instructor's guidance as they are introduced.
These examples are available to take away, along with the delegate's own work.
The comprehensive Student Guide supplied is fully indexed serving as a useful reference tool long after the course has finished. Delegates will also be able to access a free help-line with technical questions relating to topics covered on the course.