Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for the supply of Training & Related Services
- These Terms and Conditions of Business are between Case Training Ltd. (hereinafter called Case Training and the Hirer (hereinafter called the `Client’) and are deemed accepted by the Client by virtue of receipt of confirmation of a course or project from Case Training.
- When courses are to be held on the Client’s premises, all hardware and software is to be provided by the Client unless previously arranged.
- Courseware development will not be conducted on the Client’s premises unless previously arranged. Location of consultancy services is by mutual agreement.
- All notes, material and software used on training courses (if supplied by Case Training) are protected by copyright and may not be copied, sold or hired without written permission of the owner.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the course they are booking is suitable for the ability and knowledge of their delegate(s). Details of course content are available from Case Training and no responsibility can be accepted by Case Training for delegates who are booked onto unsuitable courses.
- When courses are to be held on the Client’s premises, it is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the technical set-up and installations of the software and hardware is suitable for the course that Case Training have been booked to deliver. No responsibility can be accepted by Case Training nor its instructors for incorrect software and hardware installation and configuration.
- The Client may not employ (or contact) a Case Training supplied Instructor directly without prior authorisation from Case Training. Any further arrangements regarding business must be conducted through Case Training. Engagement or use by the Client or an Instructor introduced by Case Training, or the introduction of such an Instructor to other Employers deems the Client liable to pay Case Training the full fee relevant to that course/course development whether or not payment has been made to any other party.
- Payment is due within 30 days of date of invoice. When courses are held on the Client’s premises, our rate is inclusive of all instructor related expenses.
- Cancellations or postponements should be made in writing and received at least 16 working days prior to intended commencements of course/project.
- Cancellations or postponements will be charged as follows:
|16 or more working days||no charge|
|11 to 15 working days||25% of the course fee|
|10 or less working days||50% of the course fee|
- Termination of booking once it has commenced will be charged as follows: 100% of contract period.
- Interest will be charged at the rate of 5% per month of the total amount outstanding on invoices not paid after 60 days of completion of course/project.
- Force Majeure. Case Training reserves the right to cancel a course without prior notice due to events beyond its control. In this case, an alternative course will be offered at the earliest mutually convenient date. Case Training cannot accept responsibility for any costs or loss incurred by the Client in the event of such cancellation.